911 Quincy St.
Ph: (806) 291-1251
Fx: (806) 296-1171
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 12:00 noon
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The fire marshal for the City of Plainview is responsible for a wide array of services. These services include:
- Arson investigation (2009 - Six arson cases investigated)
- Coordination of pre-incident plan and life safety survey assignments (2009 - 90 9 pre-incident plans and 108 life safety surveys)
- Construction plans review
- Building inspections (2009 - 147 completed by the fire marshal)
- Fire code enforcement
- Fire cause determination
- Fire prevention and education programs (2009 - 27 programs, 2,181 in attendance)
The fire marshal’s office also helps coordinate the biannual Shattered Dreams Program. This program is a graphic awareness program that depicts the hazards of underage drinking and driving. The Plainview Shattered Dreams Coalition also offers scholarships to participants in the program as funds allow each year.
Fire Prevention & Education Program
The Plainview Fire Department offers fire prevention and education programs for all ages. Programs offered include the use of our fire safety house, which is used to show hazards that may arise in the home. The target age for the fire safety house includes first through fourth grades.
We target the sixth grade with a chemistry presentation that takes the place of science class one day during fire prevention week. Fire extinguisher classes are offered for area businesses and interested individuals. School and area visits by shift personnel and station tours are also available by appointment.
To inquire about a fire prevention program, you can call (806) 291-1251 or (806) 296-1170.