200 S. Beech St.
Ph: (806) 296-1156 or
Fx: (806) 291-1266
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 12:00 noon
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
The Plainview Parks Department has the following responsibilities:
Developed Parks in the Area
- Maintaining 286 acres in 16 developed parks and 325 acres of undeveloped land
- Applying pesticides on turf and building properties
- Assisting other departments with various tasks
- Landscaping four city buildings
- Maintaining all city rights-of-way and vacant properties
- Maintaining seven city buildings
Within the City of Plainview, there are 16 parks that include various recreational amenities
The Parks Department employees 11 people full time, which includes two summer / seasonal employees, one full-time vector weed mowing employee, and two full-time custodian employees.