Billing Cycles & Due Dates
Utility Billing Cycles
The City of Plainview is divided into three billing zones based on geographic location. Billing dates cannot be changed since your zone is determined by where you live.
- Zone 1 - Account numbers beginning with 06, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 28, and 62
- Zone 2 - Account numbers beginning with 01, 02, 07, 08, and 23
- Zone 3 - Account numbers beginning with 03, 04, 05, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22
Payment for utility service is due when rendered. Accounts are billed and payments are due on the following days for each zone:
- Zone 1 - Billed on the 30th of each month and due by the 20th of the following month
- Zone 2 - Billed on the 10th of each month and due by the 30th of the month
- Zone 3 - Billed on the 20th of each month and due by the 10th of the following month
If the bill date falls on a weekend or holiday, billing will be processed as close to the bill date as possible.
All accounts are due (without late charge) within 21 days from the issue date of the bill. The net amount may be paid on or before the gross due date printed on the bill. The gross amount includes a 10% late penalty. All payments must be in the possession of the utility accounting office by 5:00 pm, or the close of business, on the gross due date to prevent a penalty charge from being assessed.