Report an Animal Bite
How to Report Being Bitten by an Animal
If bitten by an animal:
- Contact Animal Control at (806) 296-1158 and be prepared to provide the following details:
- Type of animal
- Breed (if known)
- Gender (if known)
- Location of animal
- Current rabies vaccination of animal (if known)
- Your contact information
- Information regarding the owner of the animal (if known)
- Any witness contact information
- Try to contain the animal for Animal Control if this can be done safely. If the family pet bites, it still must be reported to Animal Control. If the animal cannot be contained, try to keep it under observation or locate its owner until Animal Services arrive.
Any vaccinated animal that bites may be quarantined for a period of 10 days.