The City of Plainview Wastewater Collection Department uses the following methods to clean and maintain sanitary sewer main lines:
- Based on historical data that is collected, the city will prioritize replacement and/or rehabilitation of sewer mains.
- Sewer main lines are cleaned routinely or as trouble calls are reported.
- The city can conduct sewer smoke or dye tests to identify main line cracks that can cause sewer leaks or problems in private lines that may cause odors in homes.
- The city can run a small video camera down the sewer main to identify cracks and deterioration.
- Trouble areas, neighborhoods served by typically older sewer mains blocked by grease, are kept on a routine weekly cleaning schedule.
If you have questions about preventative sewer maintenance, contact the Water and Sewer Maintenance Department by calling (806) 296-1169.