What is a Mural?

A mural is painting, or other work of art executed directly on a wall. 

What do I need to do if I want to paint a mural on my building?

Any mural in downtown Plainview will need to complete the Certificate of Appropriateness Application before work may begin. The application is available on the link or may be obtained by contacting the Downtown Plainview / Main Street Office located at City Hall, 202 W. 5th Street, Plainview, or by calling 806.296.1100.

A COA must be completed before work on a mural begins.

I want a Mural on my building. Do you have any recommendations?

If you are considering painting a mural, more information about materials, guidelines and more can be found at Mural Information

Murals in Downtown Plainview

Champion Mural